December 14, 2013

Holiday displays

photo copyright Karin Corbin 2013

Holiday display pieces can be very classy without costing a lot of money. The photo above is a 3" wide crystal salt cellar with a few of the Micro Tiny Village buildings set on top of cotton batting. Very simple to do as well as classy looking. The salt cellar cost me $1.00 at the local thrift store.
photo copyright Karin Corbin 2013

I now have a whole table full of lead crystal glasses, candlesticks and vases purchased for under $25.00 from my local thrift stores. Those colored 50% off stickers and senior discount helped out.  Turn a wine glass upside down and you get an enclosed dome at the bottom as well as a display stand on top. An upside down narrow champagne flute can hold a decorated bottle brush tree in the "dome" with a glitter house village up top. Some of you will already have a china cabinet full of lovely pieces that can be used to make a temporary display. But don't drink too much "holiday" while you work or you will get nothing done and all the glasses will need washing.
photo copyright Karin Corbin 2013

Of course I have no idea what will happen to the crystal Christmas display when I am finally finished with it as I don't have a fireplace mantel and my dining table rolls from side to side when it is stormy.  My workshop space is not a good place for fragile crystal either. There is no china cabinet in my life; crystal and motorhomes do not mix well. But it is important in terms of marketing to show these kind of display ideas using my designs, so it is still a good investment of my time and money. I know, one of you can invite me to a New Years dinner party and I can bring the centerpiece! I have a lot of work to do if I am going to get this display pulled together by January 1st. But I know you enjoy those behind the scene shots so here you go...
Post a Comment