December 14, 2013

Another new hatchling

© Karin Corbin 2013, all reproduction right reserved

Hatchling number three is designed. it is 1-5/8" tall. Numbers one and two are almost production ready. See the prototypes in the image below. Today I will cut what is hopefully the last prototype version of these three designs. I am very picky about the proportions and the ease of folding and assembly so it generally takes three or more prototype revisions to fine tune the details. No major changes, just fussing with how deep is an overhang, how wide is a window, how large are the perforations, etc.


© Karin Corbin 2013, all reproduction right reserved

When I get tired with the fussing on the final fit I start slicing back roof overhangs on buildings to see how they look with the walls touching each other. I won't know the final arrangement until I get the whole grouping done but I can't resit the reward of playtime.

I have been having way too much fun at the local thrift shop buying cut glass pieces. Most of them are real crystal. For $30.00 I have a whole table full of pieces to use as display stands and cloches. I do need to make some larger scale buildings for that project. No shortage of ideas for new pieces in my head, I have clip files full of images of old buildings plus Seattle has lots of fun 1920's and 1930's Tudor style cottages and bungalows as well as some good looking
Victorians.






Post a Comment